From the Pastor
Resuming In-person Worship, Again!
We are resuming in-person worship on August 23rd.
If you feel uncomfortable or are exhibiting symptoms of the COVID-19 infection, please stay home. We love you and want the best for you and if that means delaying your return to worship, we understand. Online options will continue but in a modified way. We will provide worship guides for those who watch online.
When we gather on August 23rd, some things will be different in worship. We will start with two services, 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. The 11:00 a.m. service will be recorded and posted by 4:00 p.m. that day.
● We encourage everyone to wear a mask.
● Ushers and Greeters will not pass out bulletins. Bulletins will be available on two tables inside the sanctuary.
● Your temperature will be taken with touchless thermometers as you enter.
● We will not participate in the “Passing of the Peace,” but instead turn and wave to people in the congregation.
● Every other pew will be kept empty, and only members of the same household can be seated on the same pew. Different families may be seated on the same pew if it is one of the longer ones.
● Hymns and responses will be played but not sung. You are encouraged to hum or sing if you are wearing a mask.
● Offering plates will not be passed but will be placed at the two main entrances to the sanctuary.
● People will be encouraged to exit in an orderly manner to maintain social distancing.
● No coffee will be available.
● A nursery will not be available.
● Children’s Sunday School will start back a few weeks after we resume in-person worship.
● Adult Sunday School classes can resume at their discretion. However, they must wear masks and/or maintain social distancing.
● All water fountains will be covered.
● Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the church.
I’m looking forward to seeing each of you!